Saturday, May 22, 2010

Squats

Workout of the Day:

Back Squat 5, 5, 5+ @ 65%, 75%, 85% 1RM

Glute Ham pushup 15, 15, 15, 15

Leg Press 15, 15, 15, 15

Back to the heavy lifting today and was feeling pretty strong. I’m a little sore from the sandbag WOD one Wednesday but nothing terrible. I really think this work/rest split is timing up perfect for my personal rate of recovery. My squat sets were at 110 kg, 130 kg, and 145 kg. The final one I was able to get 9 repetitions with full depth. Very happy with that result. The assistance exercises were a bit painful, but I got through them. Love glute ham pushups… imagine doing a glute ham raise, but with your feet wedged beneath something instead of on a machine. Then, use your arms to give you just enough help to get up. GREAT for the posterior chain. The leg presses were weird, since it’s probably been 3 years since I’ve used one of those machines. But I couldn’t think of a comparable assistance movement to substitute so I stuck with it.

Got two metcons planned for tomorrow, including weighted rope climbs. Good luck to all my friends competing in the Northeast Regional this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment