Wednesday, September 16, 2009

AM...PM

In the morning...
Weighted stair sprints.
In the absence of sandbags, I've had to get creative. This morning, I took my duvet cover off my comforter and filled it with dirty laundry, heavy jackets, and every pair of pants I own, wrapped it up tight and carried it to the Burcht. The bag probably weighed about 35-40 lbs. Once there, I did 10 sets of stair sprints carrying the load across my back. The rest interval was the walk down: no stopping at any time, no dropping the bag.
In the evening...
The Lullaby. This workout put me out. Building on a AMRAP variation borrowed from Crossfit Coronado, I did 5 power snatches at the top of every minute, followed by AMRAP burpees for the remainder of the minute. I continued this progression until I reached 100 burpees. As soon as this happened, I transitioned to 5 OH squats at the top of every minute, followed by AMRAP double unders for the remainder of the minute. I continued this progression until I reached 500 double unders. It took me 23:27 to finish. I'd love to see someone do it in under 20 minutes. The weight for the snatches and OH squats is 45 kilos (100 lbs).

4 comments:

  1. You. Are. Insane.

    I'll probably try that workout someday. Ya know, if I ever get addicted to meth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MACHINE, THIS YEAR SURE THAT MUCH BETTER THE HORSE STILL IN THE GAME, SEE YOUR TRAINING How to improvise has many merits, GREETINGS FROM SPAIN BLAIR:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try this tomorrow Blair! Here Blas From Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you need to read and criticize a novel, you should read the critical book review examples at first. We have a good example which will help you to write your paper.

    ReplyDelete