Friday, September 18, 2009

AM...PM

In the morning...
I was back at Ankerpark doing bodyweight work. The workout was 5 rounds, no time, and no rest.
1 L rope climb
maximum pushups
5 dead free hanging situps
The situps were done from a chain cargo net and were pretty uncomfortable, even with t shirts wrapped around the chain. And they were a LOT harder than a GHD situp. Because the chain swings, its almost impossible to get any rhythm. Also, youre pulling vertically without any fulcrum under your butt. I'm going to work on making it more comfortable for the shins and do lots of these.
I followed this workout with 20, 15, 10, 5, 10, 15, 20 kipping pullups to finish. Took 1 minute rest between sets.
In the evening...
Max effort squat.
3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1
I finished at 185 kg (407lb) but I felt a little touch from the spotter so I don't think it counts for a new PR.
Perhaps the biggest news, the owner of the gym has been jabbering at me in unintelligible Dutch the past few weeks, and it turns out that he wants me to come train with him on Saturday mornings. So I'm going to go in tomorrow and see what I can glean from him. Apparently he used to split snatch 130 kg and split clean and jerk 170 kg. Eeker...

3 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff Blair. That Lullaby workout looked insane, I want to try it but I'm afraid the 20 min barrier is just a dream :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is a delight to read, each day.

    I'm inspired by the creativity of your programming, as well as your performances

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to hear and hopefully see you and the gym owner workout.

    ReplyDelete