Saturday, October 3, 2009

Joker and the Thief

Last night I went into Amsterdam to show Chickaro a proper good time. The proof of our success is that we didn't return until 630 this morning. Needless to say, most of the day was spent in recovery behind tightly pulled shades. However, in a display of true grit and resolve, and in an effort to accelerate the metabolization of that which we had consumed the night before, we got ourselves out of the house and to L.K.V. to break a quick sweat. Or so was the plan. The actual course of events is as follows:
For time...
2k row
100 bodyweight bench presses (85kg for me)
Every time you rack the weight, do 15 air squats
2k row
I thought this would be a 25 minute ordeal at most. Incorrect. 34:18. Strength and recovery were a major issue during the pressing. I thought I would be able to do 10 sets of 10 with 185, but that was not the case. After rep 60, I was doing sets of 4. Think it took me 22 rounds to complete the 100 repetitions, meaning I had to do 330 air squats. So, that second 2k row was ROUGH. The first 2k took 7:13, the second 7:35. I don't remember the last time I did a workout that took this long to complete and it was definitely tough mentally to keep pushing. Boy, did it feel good to finish though.
P.S. Cricky, this song was for you.... wooooolfmother!!!!

7 comments:

  1. the fact that you programmed that WOD knowing your own condition is just sick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, this is Tom from Crossfit East Sacramento, I trained with you a couple times before the Games with Travis and Justin. Great job in Aromas, by the way, awesome work.

    I just got referred to the blog, and I like it a lot. I can definitely sympathize with trying to pursue Crossfit style fitness because I'm on a Fulbright fellowship in Amman, Jordan. Might be nice to compare notes on how to keep training in less-than-ideal circumstances. Keep it up.

    Now, I'm off on the continuing quest to find bumper plates in this city...

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. caught up on your activities with my two cups of morning coffee. Keep up the posts! Your workouts are quite inventive and I admire your resolve, even when a bit "under the weather".

    ReplyDelete
  4. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.
    Visit Cappuccino fit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog Post. If you want to know about access player Locker code Then, I refer you to read our article about NBA 2k22 Locker Code. It gets a Locker code. Plz, read it once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing with us. I just loved your way of presenting. I enjoyed reading this. Do you know about the NBA Primetime III Pack, NBA Series 1 Pelican Player Pack, or Gold Shoe Pack? Then Must read our article NBA 2K21/22 locker codes. Here you can get access to unlock all rewards by using ourLocker Codes NBA 2K .

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want to activate the windows system then you will download the KMSPico activator tool. Enjoy these features for free with the help of this tool.

    ReplyDelete