Saturday, October 17, 2009

Berlin

Just a quick update before I get on the train from Berlin to Prague. Amazing experience last night with the guys here. Their group is completely fluid, meaning they aren't yet tied to any single location. Often their WODs are done in parks or local school gymnasiums, but last night we trained at an East Berlin firehouse. More like a fire complex. This place was enormous with more potential for crazy-creative fitness than anywhere I have ever been. When I have more time, I intend to write a more thorough explanation of what we did, who I met, and what their collective experiences may mean for the growth of fitness, and crossfit, in Europe. I will also include video footage and plenty of pictures. For now, let me just say that I could not have been more impressed with the hospitality of the head trainers (out til 2am sightseeing\eating\drinking), the willingness to work of the group (we were at the fire station for nearly 3 hours doing various training!), and the potential for a real community impact they offer as a whole. After sitting on a train all day yesterday, it was a great feeling to be physically challenged again. My week off is officially over, and I am really excited to see what else the rest of this trip has in store for me.

4 comments:

  1. Great that you liked it. You are always welcome.

    By the way i have watched your 100kg Snatch. Impressive!

    Stay safe buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. B-Mo, can I call you that? Ha. Hey man, just wanted to let you know that the Hopper was a blast today! The workouts were tailored to your specialties! (minus maybe the strength WOD) Strength WOD: 2 rep max deadlift. Met-Con #1: 21-15-9 OH squats (95 lbs), basterds (burpees witha lateral jump over the barbell), push ups. Met Con #2: 30 double unders, 7 squats (135 lbs), 30 GHD sit ups, 7 snatches (135 lbs), 30 wall ball, 7 push jerk (135 lbs), 30 toes to bar. You would have murdered them!

    My stats:
    420 2 rep max (could have/should have pulled more)
    9:27 Met con #1
    9:06 Met Con #2
    Happy with my performance but certainly need for improvement.

    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blair, your blog is awesome. You have a real talent for writing and video. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have Fun in Prague, we hope to see you in Berlin for another workout :-)

    ReplyDelete