Friday, October 23, 2009

5 x 5's

I felt good today, considering the heavy workload last night. The workout today was 3 parts:
Weighted chins: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
Bench press: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
20 minute Erg ladder for calories
The chinups were fine. I was able to get 5 sets solidly with 25 kg on the chain. The pressing was a good as well, I worked up to 125 kg for the last set. The Erg workout was great. Letting the clock run, I increased a single calorie of workload every set, on the minute, until I reached 20 minutes. (in the 12th minute I rowed 12 calories, in the 19th I rowed 19 calories, etc.) The cool part about this is that the machine pauses every time you stop, so that by the end you know exactly how much time you spent actually rowing, thus facilitating a way to determine what your average speed was. This is a good way to compare against someone else, ergo if you both make it to 20 minutes without missing a set, the person with the lower total work time would win. My total work time was 11:20.
From Prague

No comments:

Post a Comment