Friday, October 9, 2009

Day at the Beach

My neighbor and I took a mini excursion to Noordwijk today, seeing as how the weather was so inexplicably gorgeous here. 60 degrees and sun, if you can believe it. The beach was empty, making it even more beautiful, and even more appealing to use for my own fitness devices. I wanted to do an endurance effort today, and the long stretches of open sand provided plenty of potential. The workout looked like this:
20 x 50m run
50m bear crawl
20 x 50m run
50m handstand walk
20 x 50m run
50m duck walk
20 x 50m run
50m crab walk
20 x 50m run
50m broad jump
So I wound up running 5000m and doing 250m of various quadrapedal and bipedal movements. This was not easy, taking me 31:40 to finish. The sand got chewed up quick, making the running difficult and the handstand walks practically impossible. My heart and lungs were pumping hard the whole time, but my legs held out okay until the very end. The mental component was very challenging in this one. With so many turns and so much difficulty during the bodyweight exercises, it was a matter of just keeping the legs moving during the runs and not slowing down. I wish I would've had someone to compete with because I think I may have been able to break 30. The video turned out pretty cool as well. Props to Neelan for some stellar camera work.

No comments:

Post a Comment