Monday, October 12, 2009

Yoga

I borrowed an Ashtanga yoga dvd from my neighbor and followed it for about a half hour this morning. The dude on this dvd is RIDICULOUS. Once I got past the chanting and other yogi things that I can't quite jive with, I was left in awe of what this man could do physically. His name is John Scott: look him up.
I haven't done yoga since the first week i was here, so things were a little tight, to say the least. Flexibility is an area that I have neglected, as I look back. Especially when it comes to recovery, this is so important yet so easy to overlook. I think for this next 6 weeks I'm going to try to use one of my rest days each week to do yoga, and dedicate at least 15 minutes at the end of every session to certain static relaxation stretches.
I've also decided to use this week as an experimental food journal to track exactly what I'm eating, so I apologize if this is annoying.
Meal 1: smoothie (1 banana, scoop of peanut butter, protein powder, whole milk)
Meal 2: breakfast scramble (1 potato, 1 bell pepper, 1/2 onion, handful spinach, 4 eggs, pepper cheese)
Meal 3: My favorite sandwich shop (dark whole grain bread, sliced chicken, tomatos, cucumber, aged cheese, pesto, onion)
Meal 4: Greek yogurt and trail mix (sunflower seeds, walnuts, almonds, cranberries)
Meal 5: 20 g Salmon w/ skin, green lentils, raw broccoli
Meal 6: smoothie (1 banana, scoop of peanut butter, protein powder, water)
On the way out to grab a beer or two, so I have to include those as well. We'll see what I actually put down.
Hopefully I won't be eating many of these...

2 comments:

  1. Yoga can help you Improves Blood Circulation, Decreases stress, glow shining on face, weight lose and personal fitness. Yoga help in both Physical Health and Mental Health.
    Yoga Teacher Training Rishikesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoga exercises helps in increased our strength, Yoga also helps clear the mind and distress using meditation. The benefits of yoga are numerous.

    Yoga Teacher Training India

    ReplyDelete