Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sunset Sledging

Workout of the Day

WOD 1 – in the afternoon…

Deadlift 5, 5, 5, 20

Good Morning 10, 10, 10

Hamstring Isometrics 5 x 3 second holds ea per set

WOD 2 – in the evening…

5 rounds for time:

20 sledge hammer slams (10 ea w/16# sledge)

100 Double Unders

The heavy lifting early in the day went really well. I’d taken the last 3 days off so that had to have something to do with it. I did 365 lb for the sets of 5 and felt like I could’ve done 10. The set of 20 was rough at 275 lb but I made it to the end without dropping. Even more promising were the good mornings—I did 155 the first set and 175 each of the last two, and it felt better than I remember it feeling.

After finishing up with some unilateral isometrics to activate the hamstrings I called it a session and headed up to meet with the architect and general contractor for the new gym space. Things are rolling along and we should be dialed in to open on March 1st as planned. One bit of info that I can’t help but share is that this gym will include an area specifically designed for log flipping. That’s right. LOG FLIPPING. Don’t see that everyday.

As the sun started setting I grabbed my sledge, tire, and jump rope and headed to the top of the Old Folsom parking deck to tax my aerobic capacity. The following video is what ensued.

1 comment: