Thursday, September 8, 2011

Squat Monster and Iceland Video Part I

Workout of the Day

WOD 1 – in the morning…

Power Snatches

3, 3, 3, 3, 3

WOD 2 – in the afternoon…

1 squat per minute on the minute @ 90% 1RM

20 minute cap

WOD 3 – in the afternoon…

For Time:

6 burpees wall climbs (6 foot wall)

10 ground to shoulder (110# atlas stone)

6 Jump in/jump out (tractor tires)

30 yard farmers carry (100# dbs)

12 chest to bar pullups

30 yard farmers carry (100# dbs)

Rest as needed and repeat

Very balanced day of training: hitting power and speed early during the skill session, raw strength during the squats, and grunt work conditioning during the obstacle course. Big thanks to Gabe Subry and everyone at CF 209 Sport in Stockton for letting me come down and train with them today. I have the scrapes and bruises to attest that it was worth my time in the car. Also, making all 20 minutes of the squat progression at 385# has me feeling extremely confident that the last 3 weeks doing every minute on the minute with heavy load has increased my 1RM by quite a bit.

Also, if you haven't already seen it... check out Anywherefit Iceland Part I here:

Anywherefit ICeland Part I

1 comment:

  1. how much did the on the minute work increase your 1 rm?

    ReplyDelete