Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Training Resumed

Workout of the Day

WOD 1 – in the morning…

Iso Position Handstand Holds

WOD 2 – in the afternoon…

Clean and Jerk 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Front Squat 5 every minute on the minute @ 70% 1RM until failure to complete. 10 minute maximum.

Apologies for the recent lack of posting. After the Wales trip I’ve been on a serious rest week and been preoccupied with a few other projects. There is plenty more to come on the Anywherefit Wales trip, so stay tuned for that, but for now just a minor update on training.

A few members of my gym joined me in Fairfield for the Capoot Memorial partner WOD challenge on Saturday, a day that has left me pretty damn sore. My arms, back, and hamstrings are all smoked, and I felt it during the lifting session today. Was only able to get 275# for a single on the C&J. Pissed me off a bit, actually. But some days just aren’t your best and you gotta deal with it accordingly. I squatted decently- 225# for all 10 minutes, but I’m looking to build on this number big time over the course of the next 3 weeks. The OC Throwdown is coming up in January and the competition looks awesome. Looking forward to training against some other Gamers outside of the Games.

Speaking of Gamers, I’m planning a trip to visit the original Fittest Man on Earth, James Fitzgerald, at his new facility in Scottsdale, AZ in just a matter of days. How sick is that???

2 comments:

  1. Blair, I've noticed that you have changed the time durations of your OTM training with this second cycle through. I was curious on why complete back squats for 15min vs. front squats for 10min?

    Love the blog. Love the training. Keep it up.


    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blair,

    I read your blog through Google Reader and your RSS feed always signs your post with "c. Blair Morrison 2009". Not sure if it is intentional.

    Love the blog.

    Anton

    ReplyDelete