Thursday, December 1, 2011

Rope Climb/KB couplet

Workout of the Day

WOD 1 – in the morning…

Isometric ring handstand holds – 3 positions

Isometric wall handstand holds – 3 positions

WOD 2 – in the afternoon…

Snatch Balance 3, 3, 3, 2, 2

Push Press 7, 7, 7

Pegboard Ascent x 3

WOD 3 – in the evening…

For Time:

21, 15, 9 kb swing (32 kg) 3, 2, 1 rope climb (20 ft)

Not nearly as sore after the squat work this week as last… crediting my trip to cryotherapy on Monday after the WOD with some of that relief. Also, getting back in the groove of training after a few weeks off can take a few sessions. Today was very productive during the skill and conditioning portions, but a bit lax in the afternoon. I didn’t really like the plan I had for the day and it showed. Committing to whatever it is you’re working on is so important to doing it well. The shitty program done phenomenal is always better than the phenomenal program done shitty. Today was a bit of both.

The evening WOD was a great test. At the Games this past year I felt like I paced myself too much on the rope climb clean and jerk event, so tonight I really tried to push my pace. The kb swings were unbroken all the way and my rest intervals were very short for the climbs. The only hiccup was during the last rope climb, my arms pumping out a few feet from the top. I had to switch to a leg lock and take the weight off my hands for 5-10 seconds in order to regain the strength to finish it off. Still, I think if I had done this better any improvement on my time of 3:20 would be marginal at best. Not much left in the tank afterwards.

Looking forward to a big night’s sleep and hopefully an outdoor WOD this Friday. The weather’s been a little tougher to work with the last week or so, but I’m itching to get back outside. Also, if anyone out there is in the Bay Area this weekend, a group of us is doing an urban hike from Stern Grove to the Presidio. Plan is to meet around 8am at Stern Grove and go from there. Join in if you’re up for it.

2 comments:

  1. I just tried the games rope climb and clean and jerk and that was a fun one! I like this variation with the kettlebells. Might have to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll understand the market a whole lot better with the data and graphic tools provided by our stock quote system. You'll understand how certain economic events can affect your investments, and be able to answer questions from stock market friends concerning when to buy or sell Avcrf Stock . You will have access to live charts, and you can receive instant notifications as stocks change in cost.

    ReplyDelete