Friday, March 2, 2012

5 mile Air-Dyne

Workout of the Day

WOD 1 – in the morning… 2 x max glide kips 2 x max rollovers 2 x max muscle ups 2 x max band assisted front levers

WOD 2 – in the afternoon… 1 split jerk every minute on the minute @ 275# until failure to complete. 10 minute cap. 5, 5, 5+ Floor Press w/ pause @ 65, 75, 85% 1RM 3 rounds of front rack carry 10 meters front walk, 10 meters back walk Santa Clara man test, 2 attempts

WOD 3 – in the evening… 5 mile air-dyne for time

In spite of a great rest day yesterday, I was feeling the effects of the high volume front squats. So it was a good thing most of the work today was geared to give my legs a break. The glide kips continue to get cleaner, and I took some real time to try and figure out why bar muscle ups feel so much more awkward than ring muscle ups. After watching some video clips it seems important to kip hard with the hips but not lay the body too far back, as most do on the rings. Some practice with it and I was showing improvement.

The evening brought the return of the air-dyne, this time for a 5 mile time trial rather than a 1 mile. I didn’t know what to expect, but fear was definitely my prime emotion going in. The 1 mile test absolutely destroyed me so it only seemed fitting that this would do the same. Turned out to not be so bad. I found a groove about 3 miles in similar to a runner’s high. From that point on I was over 7000 rpms where before I was hovering between 5000-6000. My final time was 13:59.

Plan is to hit the open WOD Saturday morning then go outside for a chipper in Old Sacramento.

No comments:

Post a Comment