Monday, October 8, 2012

10/1 Week in Review


Tuesday
WOD 1 – in the morning…
Handstand balancing and blocking
WOD 2 – in the afternoon…
Box Squat doubles (unknown # of sets, but it was a lot)
Band Deadlifts up to 375# + band tension
Romanian Deadlift 4 x 6 @ 245#
Seated Row 4 x 10
Sled Pull 5 x 30 yards

Thursday
WOD 1 – in the morning…
Strict Press 10 x 2 up to 175#
Bent Row 5 x 5 up to 215#
Strict toes to bar 3 x max
Pulley extensions 3 x 60 feet @ 53#
WOD 2 – in the afternoon…
5 rounds for time (18:00):
20 walking lunge (135#)
100 meter farmers carry (24 kg)
20 meter handstand walk

Saturday
WOD 1 – in the morning…
2 Snatch every minute on the minute @ 215#
Hang Clean and Jerk 5 x 1 + 20 second overhead hold – top set 265#
Front Squat 4 x 4 up to 295# (3)

Sunday
WOD 1 – in the morning…
3 mile mountain run in Hope Valley (31:36)

Week 3 in my new program went well, but my body is feeling it.  The highlights came earlier in the week as I’m continuing to feel stronger and stronger during squats and deads with the guys down at Super Training.  I was sore as hell from the Romanians throughout the week, but not the kind of soreness that prevents you from doing anything else.  From there, however, I felt pretty average the rest of the week.  Strict press strength was decent, not great.  My handstand walking skills were pretty shotty during Thursday’s conditioning workout, most likely a result of the taxed posterior chain.  I just couldn’t gain much control over myself trying to move forward.  The snatches at 215# were rough.  My emotm sets looked like this:
1)XX 2)XF 3)FF 4)XX 5)FF 6)XF 7)XF 8)XF 9)XF 10)FX.  In all, I made 10 out of 20 attempts.  Great training and practice at hitting a heavy load while tired, but still hoped for a better, more consistent showing.  The hang cleans actually went well and the front squats the same, but nothing spectacular.  I will say that my core stability and balance felt better—this I attribute to the dedication to assistance movements and heavy loading at ST. 

Finally, coming back Sunday in Hope Valley for a mountain run was a dose of reality.  Straight smoked me.  My lower back, ass, and hamstrings were nowhere near full strength and my conditioning level was no match for the 7000+ feet of elevation.  I was walking the steeper inclines just to try and keep moving, running the flatter portions when I could, but overall I could feel the lack of running the past few weeks.  This is a setback I’m willing to swallow if it helps me get stronger. 

Below is the video from the 5 rounder on Thursday.  Rest week coming up with some active recovery and fun variations.  

1 comment:

  1. the next day things didn't go as free online movies
    deliberate for Adao’s associates. Both men wakened to a terrible soreness in their stomachs and nothing they did perceived to ease the affliction.

    ReplyDelete