Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Reebok CF One

Workout of the Day

WOD 1 - in the morning...

Back Squat 5 x 5 (275#, 295#, 315#, 335#, 355#)
Rack Deadlift 3 x 3 (405#, 425#, 455#)
Snatch Grip Deadlift 3 x 15 (225#)
GHD Raise 3 x 10
Hollow Rocks 3 x 25

WOD 2 - in the evening...

3 rounds for time:
7 muscle ups
21 kb swings (32 kg)

I'm here in Canton spending a few days with the folks at Reebok Headquarters for their annual retail summit.  It's been awhile since the last time I was here and things have certainly changed.  Driving up the main driveway the first thing I saw were 100 foot decals across the broad faced windows running the entire length of the main campus building that read 3, 2, 1...  GO!  Pretty cool entrance for a company that does a lot more than just crossfit.  Inside the walls, it's more of the same.  Frames that used to be filled with Eli Manning and Chad Johnson are now filled with Froning and Thorisdottir.  Every office I walked past, be it the legal department, the marketing department, or the design department, was covered in crossfit stickers.  The box itself has tripled in size, currently serving over 500 members, all Reebok employees.

I got to train today with some old friends from the Games, the oldest of which was Ben Smith.  Really exciting to hear he is opening his own gym in the Mid-Atlantic.  We did the second workout today throw down style and I was hoping to get through everything unbroken.  Well, that didn't quite happen.       I went through the first round unbroken but when I came back to the rings it was another story entirely. I had to break up the muscle ups on each of the next 2 rounds.  The swings I was able to stay more consistent, but Ben still got me on the workout.  My time was 5:25 and his was 4:50.  Definitely still have a ways to go when it comes to workouts so intensive on the grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment