Tuesday, June 18, 2013

225# Hang Snatches

Workout of the Day

PRE WOD

1 mile run
10 minutes practicing plow transitions

STRENGTH

Hang Snatch + Full Snatch 10 x 1
20 back squats (235#) + 20 overhead squats (175#) for time
30 perfect hang cleans @ 205#

Snuck this session in on a Sunday before Father's Day, mostly to practice snatches.  After not feeling great last week, I was pretty solid today.  Made it up to 225# and successfully hang snatched it three times, only to miss all three of the full snatches that followed.  All of these sets were done without a reset, so tap and go from hang to full.  I found that this really encouraged me not to think about the lift and just explode with everything I had.

The squats felt equally good, if not better.  I added 10# from last week and did it 10 seconds faster... go figure.  All 40 reps in 2:49.  More of the same on the hang cleans.  Instead of sets of 4, I did sets of 5 and felt like the weight was flying up.  Going to add weight to 215# next week and hopefully keep getting stronger.

Only one rest day before heading back down to Super Training, better be a good one.

1 comment:

  1. I am also from chef background and love to enjoy reading new things. Learn how to Build muscle Fast and speed muscle recovery with this Bodybuilding supplements guide. - Fitness Programs Review.

    ReplyDelete