Tuesday, July 2, 2013

108 degrees

Workout of the Day

PRE WOD
1 mile run
Crow Evolution Flow

SKILL WOD
5 rounds for completion:
Parallel bar shoulder swings
5 ring swings

STRENGTH
Floor Press 10 x 1
Split Jerk 1 EMOTM for 10 minutes

3 rounds for completion:
200 meter overhead carry (135#)
20 toes to bar
10 thick bar curls

Completely draining day today in the heat.  Summer is definitely here and we're all just gonna have to train through it.

Top to bottom I dominated today... but that's kind of the way it goes when you're fresh off a rest week. I was able to make it all the way through the Prasara Yoga flow programmed today, which was not something I expected after watching the a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVJ0-guYL-s">video.
 The P bar and ring swings felt great as well.
Then I started working my way up in weight for the floor presses and for the 3rd or 4th week session in a row set a PR.  333#, and it felt solid.  I tried 343# but didn't really have a chance.  Next time.

More of the same during the split jerks, as I worked up from 245# all the way to 315#.  That tied a PR for jerks from the front rack, and I think I had more.  Over the next 3 weeks I'm going to try to push this lift as close to 350# as I can.

Afterwards I headed down to Rainbow bridge and soaked in the American River for a solid 20 minutes.  Denny and Rob came with me, so we swam across the river and found some cliffs to jump off.  By the time we got back to the cars I felt amazing and ready for a nap.  Which I took.

Hitting Super Training and an outdoor WOD tomorrow with good buddy Gabe Subry from 209 Sport. Looki
ng forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment