Friday, February 26, 2010

One leg at a time

Flamingo standing on one leg
Workout of the Day:
Single leg barbell deadlift 4, 4, 4, 4, 4
Good Mornings 10, 10, 10
I took it easy today, trying to avoid using my shoulder too much. Honestly, it feels much better. I haven't even noticed it since this morning. I'm going back to the banks of the Seine tomorrow afternoon to get creative, so hopefully things are back in order.
Tonight's workout felt great overall. I can definitely feel a strength difference between my left and right legs, though. Initially it was as though my right hamstring was doing all of the work and the glute was disengaged. I did a few hip stretches and single leg bridges in between sets (a trick to activate the glutes I picked up from T-Nation a few years back) and things felt better. My weights were: 70 kg, 80 kg, 85 kg, 90 kg, and 90 kg, respectively. Being that I could get 4 repetitions on single leg with this weight, it seems even more obvious that the limiting factor in my deadlifting is not my lower body.
I finished with 3 sets of 10 bent knee good mornings with 40 kg. The goal here was to try and use only my lower back to lift the weight, since that's the area needing the most work. These felt fine also, so I probably could have used a little heavier weight.
Looking forward to tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hello :)
    As an artist "visual" pleasure is one of the essential parts for me, and I have been enjoying all the artworks you posted - Gogh's painting, Rodin's sculptures and etc. they are an eye-feast for me, thanks!
    And today's photo is so funny yet well-related to the one leg workout.
    Just take care of your knees with that workout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mikki, I'm glad to hear my artwork choices are good from someone who knows. And you're right regarding the knees. Single limb stuff is hard on the joints, so I only do it rarely to limit the stress.

    Would love to see some of your art. Do you have a website?

    ReplyDelete