Saturday, February 20, 2010

Workout of the Day:

Deadlift - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 (dead stop between repetitions)

Bench Press – 4, 4, 3, 3

3 x 1 minute rounds of:

Handstand pushup

Strict toes to bar

Double unders

Rest 1 minute

The heavy training resumed today, and with decent results. My deadlift weights were 140 kg, 145 kg, 150 kg, 155 kg, and 160 kg. The last repetition of the 5th set was ugly I think, but all the rest were good. My lower back is still the weak link in the chain, but it’s getting better. Hopefully I’m not too sore tomorrow.

I’ve definitely lost some strength on the bench. I lifted 110 kg, 120 kg, 125 kg, and 125 kg. I know that I could do 130 kg for 3 repetitions a few months ago, so this was disappointing. But I guess that’s what I should have expected not having done the movement for so long.

The last element was really fun. With a running clock, I worked for 3 minutes and rested for 1, going straight from hspu’s to toes to bar to double unders. The first set I recorded 13, 14, and 75 repetitions, respectively. The second set was 11, 14, and 67. The last was 10, 10, and 68. Transition time affected these totals a bit from set to set, but that’s all part of it. I was really happy that I got double digit hspu’s on all three sets, especially after the heavy bench presses. Hopefully this means my muscular endurance and stamina is finally improving in this movement.

Been really enjoying the sightseeing with Bob, Jonathan, and Denise these past few days. They've been showing me a side of Paris I had yet to experience and I'm very grateful.

2 comments:

  1. That´s some good pressing! Btw, I have to recommend a restaurant to go to: www.restaurant-chartier.com Cheap and a nice atmosphere, a must when in Paris! Really close to the subway stop Grand Boulevards. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks bear! i will. cheap and good is vital information here.

    ReplyDelete