Monday, February 1, 2010

Eh...

Workout of the Day:

15 minutes of EDD’s, with pistol squat focus

5 x 3 manual resistance bench press

4 x max reps muscle ups (rest as needed)

This workout was not my highest point. The place was crazy packed with people just milling around and I was constantly feeling in the way. I found myself very frustrated with the situation to the point where I was ready to call it a night at several different points before I actually did. Originally I had planned to pair the muscle ups with weighted box jumps, a sequence I was excited about, but there was no way that was happening with all the traffic. Perhaps it’s for the better. A few low workload sessions before this weekend may not be the worst thing in the world, but I just hate the fact that I only get to use this facility 2 times per week and having one of those hours feel like a waste. Oh well. I’m really excited for Copenhagen, and looking forward to a week off to recharge immediately following.

For the workout, I got my friend Didzis to provide pressure to a 60 kg bar while I tried to press upward. Each repetition was probably an 8-10 second fight, so these actually felt pretty effective. The muscle ups were tough due to height and space restrictions. Getting a full kip wasn’t really possible, so the numbers wound up a little lower than I think they should have been. I got 10, 7, 6, and 5 for each of the four respective sets.

Every day can't be a winner, I guess. On the up side, I’ve been eating like a horse. A paleo horse. Here’s hoping good nutrition carries me through the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck this weekend. Too bad I can't get to Copenhagen and say hi, but I'll send Björn instead, so that's probably just nicer for everyone involved! :-)

    ReplyDelete