Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Workout of the Day

Deadlift 3, 2, 1, 1, 1

First, Congratulations to everyone that competed in the European Sectionals in Milan, Stockholm, Iceland, and the UK!!! The workouts and scores looked incredible and the correspondence is consistent in its praise for the organizers and participants. Hearing the stories gets me excited for the Regionals in May.

Today’s workout was short and sweet. I wanted to test my strength off the floor—hadn’t done so since the competition in Copenhagen 6 weeks ago. I felt pretty decent, maybe a little fatigued from the long hours of driving the past few days but overall not bad. I lifted 185 kg and 195 kg for my first two singles and decided to go for 205 kg for my last. Previous attempts at this weight hadn’t even really budged the bar, but today I had it. I ha d it. Then I lost it. A little slip in the grip and that was it. Too bad, but confidence-wise it was a big step up for me.

As for my weekend, unfortunately internet in southern France is no guarantee unless you’re in a McDonald’s and I wasn’t willing to detail the trip by stopping at a series of drive-through windows. However, enough happened that is worth recapping, so I will do that here over the next few days. I’m going to divide the post into multiple parts in the interest of avoiding a long, rambling diatribe about castles, vistas, and beaches that will inevitably grow repetitive. I’ll tell as much as I can about the cities we visited, the things we saw, and where opportunities for workouts presented themselves while including pictures, videos, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment