Tuesday, November 9, 2010

7 weeks til 2011

Workout of the Day

Clean and Jerk 3, 2, 1, 1, 1

4 sets of 3 Front Squats to 1 Jerk

30 minutes various gymnastic skills

So, first day officially back on the program and I feel great! I was strong, technical, and motivated all the way through. My top set of C&J was at 125 kg and it didn’t feel heavy. I decided not to go up beyond it simply because I wanted to work the front squats to jerk before getting too fatigued. My top set there was also at 125 kg, the jerk at the end being the limiting factor. Just a long time to bear the heavy weight and still be prepared to get it overhead. Overall though, things are feeling real good.

I think these next 6-8 weeks are going to be incredible… here’s how I see it shaping up:

Monday – Olympic lifts and gymnastic skills… more of a skill day than anything, but will definitely push the packet on the O lifts and the supplemental stuff (front squats, snatch balances, etc).

Tuesday – morning: deadlift 5/3/1 + assistance. Afternoon: outdoor metcon

Wednesday – rest.

Thursday – morning: indoor metcon, focusing on shorter efforts. Afternoon: monostructural/longer effort metcon

Friday – Squat/Press 5/3/1 + assistance, gymnastic skills

Saturday – outdoor metcon, looking to re-introduce most effective methods to challenge work capacity, ie hills, sleds, vests, etc.

Sunday – rest.

Believe it or not I’m looking forward to a little bit of foul weather to change up my training environment. It’s easy to tap out when it’s raining but I think this winter in Sacramento will add something beneficial.

Also, details are coming for the August 2011 Anywherefit Iceland tour so be ready for when those drop. We have confirmed a white water rafting adventure and two days of WODs on the central glacier… and that’s barely scratching the surface so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment