Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mobility/Connected Movement Day

Workout of the Day

Full Body Srtetch Hip Mobility Drills

Prasara Yoga Flows: Plow Transitions Crow Transitions

Starting this week I’m adding an extra day of training at the front end of my work week. This is a low intensity session aimed at mobility, flexibility, and core/connected movement. The focus for me will usually be on the hips and ankles since that is where I have the biggest limitation with mobility. The core/connective component will incorporate a lot of wrestling style transitions on the mat, different types of yoga, and kettlebell groundwork. Today’s session I borrowed a few moves from the following site, which is seriously badass. Again, thanks to my man Zvi for the recommendation.

2 comments:

  1. Blair,
    Is your source for these movements just there youtube channel or do they have a specific website? Best of luck this games season! I know you will out perform all the expectations once again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Blair,
    You should also check out the vids from Ido Portal (http://www.youtube.com/user/portaldo). He has a lot of interesting mobility circuits.

    ReplyDelete