Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Workout of the Day

WOD 1 – in the morning…

Death by… 1 muscle up, 2 handstand pushups, 3 muscle ups, 4 handstand pushups… etc. until failure to complete.

WOD 2 – in the afternoon…

Snatch 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 3 back squats every minute on the minute @ 80% 1RM until failure to complete. 10 minute cap. 10 minutes glide kip practice

WOD 3 – in the evening…

5 minutes max wall ball shots (20#)

Pretty low volume day today, with the exception of the 137 wall balls I did for conditioning (this didn’t suck as bad as I anticipated, by the way). Even with that last bit, though, my body doesn’t feel like it did too much. Maybe this is because I only made it through the 9th minute of the muscle up/hspu sequence before failing. Being decently disappointed with that number, I continued on til 15 minutes doing pullups instead of muscle ups. On the up side, kipping handstand pushups continue to feel easier and easier.

For the snatch doubles I made 225# cleanly, then attempted 235# but was only able to stick one of them. Probably a bit aggressive to try and make a double just 5# under my PR, but it gave me confidence to go for more weight next week. The back squats felt good at 355# for all 10 rounds-should be set for singles at 415# next go around.

The details for Munich-Vienna-Prague are set and Iceland 2012 is being ironed out as we speak. In case you’ve forgotten how sick this trip was, here’s a reminder.

2 comments:

  1. I am fascinated with your training schedule. I have a couple of questions for you I hope you wouldn't mind answering:

    1) How long do you warm up for each WOD you do throughout the day? Does the WOD you have plan dictacte the type of warmups you might do?
    2) Your wall ball training got me thinking about filthy 50s and how wall balls are definitely one of the toughest segments of that workout. Do you recommend skill training like your wall ball WOD to help improve those areas of inefficiency in a workout like the filthy 50 (or any other workout like that)?

    Thanks!! Great site!
    Joe

    ReplyDelete