Saturday, June 23, 2012

Golf and Back Flips


Workout of the Day
WOD 1 – in the morning…
Golf 18 holes
WOD 2 – in the afternoon…
90 minute gymnastics class
If you’re reading WOD 1 and scratching your head, let me explain.  I’ve written at length about the need to re-design the parameters we put on “working out.”  I’ve also tried to push the element of sport in those parameters.  What I realized was that I wasn’t including any of the sports I play in my own training log.  I play golf, volleyball, frisbee, basketball, etc. perhaps not regularly, but often enough to be of note, yet I never write about them here.  It occurred to me that this might appear hypocritical so I’ve decided to start posting tidbits about these activities any time I take part in them. 
Beyond these updates, I’m going to begin a video blog series that will attempt to explore some other modes of fitness that are being overlooked or forgotten by the average crossfitter.  Because we fail at the margins of our experience, stretching those margins is an integral piece in achieving our strongest state of being. 
Highlights from today include an 11 over back 9 using only a 4, 6, and 8 iron, big time parallel bar work at the gymnastics studio, and more tumbling.  I even got started working on my standing back tuck.  Check the video, courtesy of Charlie Zamora below.

No comments:

Post a Comment