Saturday, March 19, 2011

305 lb OH Squat

Workout of the Day

WOD 1 – in the morning…

Front Roll to stand x 10

Front Roll to Pistol x 10 ea

Wall handstand hold on foam rolls 3 x max

WOD 2 – in the afternoon…

OH Squat 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1

OH Squat @ BW 1 set max reps

Pullups 1 set max reps

This is another in a recent string of huge PR’s for me so excuse my temporary pride. YEEEAAAAHHHH!!! Since switching my training to a more rest intensive style (1 day on/1 day off) I’ve seen nothing but progress in strength. Today’s jump from a previous best at 265 to a new best at 305 may be a bit misleading, however. Recently I’ve been doing sets of 3 at 265 without going up, so although I’d technically never done more than that weight, I knew there was a lot more in the tank. This much more I can’t say I knew. I’ve attached the video below and Justin from East Sac was nice enough to put together the clip above from the footage he shot. I never thought I’d ever squat with more than 300 lb over my head, but I guess that just goes to show that never is a funny word.

I didn’t condition tonight because the sectional WOD is looming out in Rocklin tomorrow morning. My boy Gabe from Stockton set the bar high with a big performance: 8 full rounds plus 30 DUs and 5 snatches. Hopefully the rest of us can represent Northern California just as well.

4 comments:

  1. Great job Blair! Lets shoot for 350 now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blair! Sick weight dude, that's no joke man. Crush the sectional WOD brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. epic. way to crush the sectional wod too, brother!
    -don

    ReplyDelete