Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Squat Clean PR

Workout of the Day

Clean 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

Max Double Unders 1 set

GHD Situps 20, 20, 20

After a long weekend of not resting I felt pretty sluggish today. Saturday was an Olympic lifting seminar at Rocklin CrossFit with Edgar and Evelyn from Mike’s Gym in San Diego and Sunday was an all day outdoor excursion with the guys from Roadside Productions. All in all a fun and informative weekend but a tiring one nevertheless. Still, getting after it today with Justin, Travis, and co. at CF East Sac was fulfilling. I hit a new PR at 290 lb and missed 300 lb literally by an inch. Just didn’t have the strength to push all the way through my sticking point on the front squat. Right afterwards I hit a single set of double unders for 252. Honesty I think this is a little below where I can be. I wasn’t overly out of breath or fatigued, just lost the rhythm in my wrists and got caught using too much shoulder rotation. Oh well, another time will tell.

Only 11 spots left for Iceland… they’re going fast.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome work on the cleans brother. I've been following your blog for quite some time and you've really been plugging away on your lifts. They're really grown over the long term. Kudos. I'd love to hit a 300lb clean myself. Maybe I'll race ya for it. I'll post up a video if ("when") I do!

    strengthfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete