Tuesday, April 19, 2011

5 minutes AMRAP squat snatch

Workout of the Day

WOD 1 – in the morning…

3 x 5 skin the cat

5 x 3 muscleup to handstand

WOD 2 – in the afternoon…

Split Jerk 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1

Parralette HSPU 5, 5, 5

GHD Situp 20, 20, 20

WOD 3 – in the evening…

5 minute AMRAP

135# squat snatch

5 minute rest

5 minute AMRAP

16 foot rope climb (2” rope)

I’m not sure if it was the birthday weekend or just a glitch in the matrix, but I wasn’t feeling too strong today. Split jerks I missed 3 consecutive attempts at 308#, a weight I should definitely be able to stick no problem, and the HSPU felt like I weighed an extra 20#. I walked out of the gym in the afternoon luke warm on the whole day. Thankfully the evening session offered some redemption. A power nap and some good food will do a lot it turns out. I managed 31 snatches in the 5 minutes allotted and felt solid all the way through. The rope climbs were a different kind of challenge because the rope was 2” thick. If you haven’t climbed a thick rope before, it’s murder on the grip and arms. I still finished 11 climbs, but was pumped out for a good 20 minutes afterwards.

Tomorrow is a rest day and I plan to write a post about the current training split I’m on and it’s pros and cons. Those of you who’ve been asking for details, I apologize it’s taken me so long to get around to it.

1 comment:

  1. Its the human effect. Somedays your just gonna be off. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete