Saturday, April 2, 2011

Front Squat 295 x 4

Workout of the Day

WOD 1 – in the morning…

30 minutes hand balancing and walking practice

WOD 2 – in the afternoon…

Front Squat 5, 5, 5, 5

Pullups 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Took it pretty light today in terms of overall volume. I went heavy in terms of load (295 lb for 4 on my last set of front squats, a new personal best) but didn't overdo things when it came to repetitions. This is because I’m heading to Stockton in the morning to join Gabe and 209 Sport (above) in tackling WOD 2 of the Open Sectionals. 9-12-15 deadlift, pushup, box jump for 15 minutes has me convinced that I don’t need any extra conditioning tonight. While I’m looking forward to going down and doing the WOD side by side with those guys, I must admit it’s not one of the more fun combinations one could’ve dreamed up. I expect the deadlifts and box jumps to be gassers in terms of heart rate and breath—this I can handle. But the pushups with hand release for that many repetitions just screams muscle failure. I’m just hoping this doesn’t happen until round 6 or 7. My goal for this WOD is 15 rounds, meaning I’ll have to do 180 pushups. Not saying it’s impossible for me, but it sure as shit ain’t gonna be fun. Or easy. Here’s hoping for a strong day…

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in the WOD Blair! I did 11rounds+4 deadlifts in my first try. I think your going to make 15 rounds look easy. Do work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blair,

    You are not in Europe anymore, but check this video out for some very inventive workouts:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGzepBg216M

    ReplyDelete