Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tabata Muscle Ups

Workout of the Day

Tabata muscle ups

Deadlift 7 x 1
Back Squat 5 x 5 w/ 3 second pause at bottom

3 rounds for completion:
5 atlas stone to shoulder (155#)
20 rope slams

Charlie and Time came up to train with us today from Warriorz in Elk Grove, so there was a little extra energy in the gym.  Can't say if that was the reason or if the tabata sequencing is just the best way for me to do muscle ups, but I inadvertently PR'd my 30 muscle up for time.  By a long shot.  I finished 30 muscle ups in 3:42, and 31 in the entire 4 minute tabata.  My previous best was in the 4:20 range.

Followed this up with deadlift singles, but didn't go to heavy.  Partially because we didn't have metal plates and were running out of room on the bar, and partially because my hamstrings were a little smoked going in.  Felt fast and solid at 435# before heading into the pause squats.  No issues here either, staying at 275# for the top set.  Again, having Charlie and Tim in the house definitely made this more fun.

Didn't get any video footage today, kinda dropped the ball on that one, but tomorrow I'm heading to the lake with some friends and planning on taking the sleds with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment