Sunday, August 15, 2010

Catch Up

Friday WOD:

Swim 1000 meters

5 x 6 Ring HSPU

Saturday WOD:

Back Squat 3, 3, 3+ @ 70, 80, 90% 1RM

1 x 20 @ 225 lb

Bench Press 3, 3, 3+ @ 70, 80, 90% 1RM

4 x 3 slow hanging pass throughs

Been a bit busy the past few days so this post will be short. Been clearing out my garage to start training while we wait for the final okay on the gym space in Folsom and tonight is my 10 year high school reunion. A couple notes on the last few days of training…

Swimming is awesome. It took me 19:30 to swim 1000 meters blending between freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke, but the best part was the pool had underwater music. I’ve never experienced that before and it was a trip.

Today I was a little worn out from redecorating the garage in 100 degree heat, but still managed 5 reps at 365 lb on the squat and 4 at 285 on the bench. Really should have had the 6th on the squats but lost a little focus I think on the way up. I topped it off with a single set of 20 at 225 lb and felt really strong. I think I may have been able to get 25 or 30 at that weight.

Tomorrow should be a rest day, then going fresh again with some fun WODs Monday/Tuesday. Oh, and today marks the 1 year countdown to Anywherefit Iceland, and the plans are looking amazing!!!

2 comments:

  1. hey blair - this is Ben from Balance...it's been quite awhile since we last talked, but I've been following your blog and I wanted to let you know that I think the Anywherefit Iceland plan sounds amazing (even without any details yet). If you're still collecting people for the trip (I think that's what you mentioned in a previous post?), then I'm very interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blair,

    You are standing on Bumper plates from the games??? that's awesome!!!

    and so does underwater music... sounds crazy

    Waiting to read some more about that countdown to Iceland!

    Take care

    ReplyDelete