Tuesday, February 8, 2011

225 lb x 2

Workout of the Day

WOD 1 – in the morning…

Gymnastics

20 minutes back and front lever practice

10 minutes ring handstand practice

WOD 2 – in the afternoon…

Strength

Snatch 2, 2, 2, 9, 9, 9

Kneeling box jump 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

GHD situp 15, 15, 15, 15, 15

WOD 3 – in the evening…

Conditioning

1200 m run/50 games style pushups

800 m run/50 games style pushups

400 m run/50 games style pushups

Rest as needed

2 x 120 m sprints w/1:30 rest

Felt amazing today, even after a way too long day of super bowl spectatorship and over-eating. The front and back lever practice was very challenging but effective, and the ring handstands are getting easier. I needed to get going a bit faster this morning though, 30 minutes with this stuff just wasn’t enough before heading to work.

The afternoon brought some redemption however. For my doubles today I started out at 205 lb, but missed my second attempt twice in a row. After back to back fails I decided that going up in weight was the answer. So I moved to 215 lb and nailed them both. Then I went to 225 lb and made both again. This was a huge PR for me!!! This is incredibly encouraging considering my previous best 1RM is only 6 lbs above that number. I literally cannot wait until next Monday for singles. I rounded out the O-lifting with 3 sets at 165 lb, but only managed 6 on the 3rd instead of 9. By that point I was just too fried.

Still on a high from the snatches, the evening conditioning sequence felt pretty light. John and I went to our high school alma mater to use the track and do battle with swarming mosquitos. Severe issues with those blood suckers lately. The runs felt comfortable all the way through, which probably means I should’ve run faster. It’s just hard to tell how hard to push on a longer met-con like this. The pushups turned out to be the crux—30 in a row the first set, tens from there until the third, and fives the rest of the way. My total time was 15:50. John finished at 17:16.

Full day of rest tomorrow, hopefully including a bunch of foam rolling and a hot/cold contrast session at the local globo gym. Don’t judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment