Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Weekend Fatigue

Workout of the Day

WOD 1 - in the morning...

For time:
30 wall balls
30 c2b pullups
30 pistols
30 DB snatch (70#)

WOD 2 - in the evening...

7 minutes burpee muscle ups in team of 3

Had a bit of a down day today, mostly due to the long weekend.  After hitting the workouts in East Sac on Saturday, I made the rounds from birthday pool party to birthday pool party, drinking plenty of adult beverages in the process.  Then Jenn and I headed down to Napa for the last day of Bottle Rock on Sunday, where we spent the day in the heat watching bands from Cake to Zac Brown.  Not making it back home until after midnight, I didn't have much energy to train this morning.  But by the time Ben Alderman cam up to work on the 100's Regional WOD around 12:00 I was feeling a little more energy.  I decided to hit the team version of the workout alongside him and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it felt.  Besides losing my rhythm on the c2b pullups at 18, everything went unbroken and I finished in 4:25.

Later on this evening Denny, Casey, and I took another practice run at the team muscle up WOD to get more reps in.  Nothing too special on this one, other than sighting the rings on the way up from the burpee seems to help a lot.  Tomorrow I'm planning on doing the rope climb/squat clean workout after squats and deads at Super Training, hopefully the body is feeling better by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment