Saturday, June 19, 2010

Friday WOD

Workout of the Day AM - WOD 1: Snatch 3, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1 75 meter truck pull PM - WOD 2: 3 rounds of 10 pullup, 20 box jump, 30 ring dips, 40 air squats This morning was amazing. Trained at my buddy John's house--he has a full bumper set and doesn't mind throwing weights around so it allowed me to lift heavy in a non-gym setting. I got 90 kg for a 3 RM. Felt incredible. That was just a recent 2 RM personal best, so this was pretty unexpected. Then for the singles I missed 100 kg the first rep, but then got it the next two attempts. This has me so confident going into a heavier load. We didn't have smaller increment weights today so I couldn't try anything below 110 kg and I thought that would be too big a jump. Afterwards we took his old '70s blazer out in to the street and rigged the ropes to the front tow hitch. We found a decent stretch of flat ground that built into an incline and got after it. BLEW UP my calves and quads. Getting to the top of the hill wasn't happening but we made it 75 meters alright. Then we turned around and started doing deadlift rows alternating every 10 pulls to keep the truck moving. Finally, we finished up with a tandem prowler push using the truck as weight. Top notch session all in all. This evening I went to the park with another friend and tied the rings up to a swing set. This went pretty quick and I think could have had a little better intensity. Tomorrow is the wedding and Sunday is Fathers Day. Planning on getting back to a more regular schedule Monday. I have pictures to come of the last few days so stay tuned for those.

1 comment:

  1. Cousin!! I love this...can't wait to follow your blog. See you in Denver??
    Trish

    ReplyDelete