Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Workout of the Day

AM – WOD 1:

Deadlift 5, 5, 5+ @ 65, 75, 85% 1RM

Strict Press 5, 5, 5+ @ 65, 75, 85% 1RM

Chinups 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

PM – WOD 2:

With a partner and a 20 minute cap, row 5K

One person rows until the other has done 10 DB burpees (20 lb ea) and 10 situps, then switch.

Back to the heavy lifting today. After the wedding on Saturday and the hangover on Sunday I was feeling a little tired. Getting motivated to go work hard after all that can be tough.

I re-calibrated my 1RM totals for the 5/3/1 program to their actual values rather than 90%. I got 6 repetitions at 375 lbs for the DL and 6 repetitions at 160 lbs for the presses—felt pretty good with both of those numbers but definitely like the last couple days took their toll.

This evening I did the partner workout with my dad which made things really fun. Things started off fast… I kept my pulls at a 1.35 pace until the third round when I just couldn’t sprint anymore. The DB burpees weren’t too bad and the situps felt easy. The nuts of this was definitely keeping my legs from rowing themselves out and keeping my breath between exercises.

We wound up hitting 20 minutes with about 800 meters to go, so not quite the best performance but we were laid out at the end. Really exhausted after this and can’t wait to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment