Monday, July 26, 2010

Squeeze in some deads

Workout of the Day

Deadlift 5, 5, 5+ @ 65, 75, 85% 1RM

Strict Press 5, 5, 5+ @ 65, 75, 85% 1RM

Good Mornings 10, 10, 10, 10

Split distance chin ups 10, 10, 10, 10

Dips 4 x max

L sit 4 x max

Today’s workout got truncated due to lack of time between lectures today at the Crossfit Endurance Certification so I was only able to get the deadlifts in. I could really feel the lack of midline stability from the heavy GHD situps yesterday so I certainly wasn’t my strongest. I got 395 for 5 reps. Really, I want this to be closer to 7 or 8. My core was the limiting factor, so I’ll be looking forward to next week when I’m more fresh to see if that makes a big difference.

Still, it was good that I got something in rather than nothing. Hoping to make up the rest tomorrow with Johnny down at the fire station. Getting on a plane tonight back to Sacramento and a somewhat normal daily rhythm for a change. Socal life was good while it lasted.

1 comment:

  1. Blair,
    it's good to see you back on track. You did a good job at the games. I know that there is a lot more to what you are capable of. Now that your ankles are doing better, stay away from 20ft high box jumps.

    ReplyDelete