Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th

Workout of the Day

4 rounds for time:

15 shoulder to overhead (50 kg)

15 box jumps (36 inch)

50 meter cement bag carry (90 lb)

As today is the 234th birthday of my homeland, most of its hours were spent celebrating rather than training. I was, however, able to squeeze the above metcon in before things got too out of hand. The jumps were by far the most difficult part. Using John’s backyard as our gym, we moved around quite a bit and used his 3 foot retaining wall as our box for the jumps. I finished the routine in 6:20. John wrapped it in 8:17. Total sprint the whole way—felt good to keep my body under control during a short duration effort.

Afterwards we headed over to a buddy’s house for beers, barbeque, and lawn games. Awesome day, including some pool basketball (pictured above). Felt good to get athletic over some water. This is such a fun holiday every year and I am so grateful for everything that it represents. Tomorrow I'm going on a hike with the family through Salmon Falls up near Folsom Lake. Hoping not to run into any rattlesnakes and to enjoy a stretch of wilderness. Pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment