Sunday, March 4, 2012

Open WOD 12.2

Workout of the Day

WOD 1 – in the morning…

Open WOD 12.2 – Complete as much of the following in 10 minutes: 30 snatches @ 75# 30 snatches @ 135# 30 snatches @ 165# Max reps @ 210#

WOD 2 – in the afternoon… For time: 1.5 mile run 50 box jumps 100 feet handstand walk 20 handstand pushups 100 feet bear crawl 50 pushups

Big volume day for me today. Between the open WOD and the outdoor chipper in the afternoon, my dogs are barking. My goal for 12.2 was to give myself an opportunity to go for the 210. Well, that didn’t happen. I ran out of time after 87 repetitions, falling 3 short of the goal, and the major separator for scores around the world. Still, I can’t really be disappointed because I missed no reps, felt whipped afterwards, and still wound up with a decent result. Also, there’s no way I was going to get anything legitimate on the 210# attempt if I’m honest. Doing that many reps leading up to it absolutely smoked me. Big ups to the guys out there getting more than 90 reps on this one.

In the afternoon a group of us from CFA met up with some guys from CF East Sac for an outdoor chipper in old sacramento. We ran across the tower bridge, around Raley Field, then back across the bridge and along the pier. God it felt good to run again! The last few times I’ve gone for runs it’s been either in the sand or up a mountain, so cruising on flat ground was like flying. After the run we went immediately into an assortment of bodyweight movements, including a 100 foot handstand walk that slowed most of us down significantly. Going over uneven grass, dirt, and bark makes this movement a different animal. Do yourself a favor out there and change up your surface from time to time. Great way to train your brain.

After we finished we headed to a new bar in old sac called the "other office" to watch the Duke/UNC matchup. After a couple beers, some mounting fatigue, and a ridiculously lop-sided game we called it quits. Great way to cap off the day.

Resting up tomorrow and Monday, then hopefully gonna catch some good weather for outdoor training next week. Have a few spots I’ve been wanting to get on tape for a while now so keep an eye out for those.

1 comment: