Friday, July 12, 2013

Down Day

Workout of the Day

PRE WOD
2000 meter row
Scorpion Flow

SKILL PRACTICE
5 rounds for completion:
1 Muscle Up + HSPU
30 unbroken double unders

STRENGTH
Floor Press 5 x 3 with 3 second eccentric (100-120% 1RM)
EMOTM for 10 minutes:
Front Squat + Split Jerk

ACCESSORY
3 rounds for completion:
20 GHD situps
200 meter front rack carry
20 ring rows

Kind of a dogshit training day all around.  I was excited about the program coming in, and after a weekend like the one I had in Shelter Cove I felt like momentum was high.  But my left shoulder felt a little tweaked before I got started preventing me from doing more than 2 sets of the floor press.  That was a bummer.  And then my whole body felt weak during the front squat + split jerk, capping my weight at 265#.  That was a major bummer since I'd felt so great on jerks the week before.  Anyways, just chalk it up to being one of those days and move on I guess.  The accessory work was challenging mentally and I got through it all unbroken, so that's a plus.  Just hoping that the res of the week will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment