Friday, December 18, 2009

Day 1 in Treviso

Day 1 got a pretty delayed start, due to a fairly late night 1 out with some of the locals. Judson and I got going around noon, ate some sushi, and began walking around the city center. It is COLD here at the moment. Touring in sub-freezing temperatures is not so fun, but there really wasn’t a choice. Treviso is a small city, but with tons of character. It definitely reminded me of the Sicilian cities I visited back in September from the arch-heavy architecture to the tightness of the streets. During our stroll we scouted a great spot for a morning training session tomorrow, given that the weather stays clear and the streets aren’t too busy. At 3:00 we headed just outside town to his teams practice facility. Along with the basketball arena, the grounds had a rugby field, soccer field, and Olympic track. So, while the team started practice inside, I took to the track for a sprint workout. Workout of the Day: 1 mile constant motion… Sprint the straights/jog the curves Followed by 50 toes to bar (there was a free standing pullup bar on the track—amazing). I SPRINTED these. In total, it added up to 8 x 100 meter sprints separated by about 1 minute of rest. By the 4th sprint I could feel myself losing the recovery battle. My hamstrings, calves, and lower back felt fatigued, and the last 20 meters of the each sprint from 4-8 was losing steam. Still, it felt great to get out and run. I know I will be sore from it tomorrow. The toes to bar were really hard as well. My grip is consistently a limiting factor on these. I spent the next 90 minutes watching the basketball team scrimmage inside where it was warm, and it got me ready to see some real action on Sunday in Bologna. They’ve got some real deal athletes on their squad that love to make dunking look so easy. I’ve included a few pictures from today.
Dec 18, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment