Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tuesday 12/22

Workout of the Day:

5 x 5 weighted close grip overhand pullups (60 kg)

superset with

5 x 5 pistol squats

10 minute rest

20 minute AMRAP ladder:

100 m row

10 rotational situps (palms to the ground outside the knee)

200 m row

20 rotational situps

…etc

The first halve of this routine felt pretty solid. I’ve been wanting to work pistols for a while, but keep finding reasons not to. I had to use a plate under my heel to compensate for the lack of flexibility in my right side, but strength-wise this was no challenge. The close grip overhand pullups with 60 kg was a challenge, however. Finishing this movement at the top required a lot of effort. The last set I could only complete 3 repetitions before flipping my hands to a chin-up grip for the final two.

The 20 minute AMRAP ladder wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I kept the row pace under 1:45 the entire time, and the situps burned but weren’t so tough that I needed much rest. I wound up finishing 6 rounds with a few seconds to spare. I will say that the 500 m and 600 m sets were starting to tax me on the rowing, but not as bad as on previous days. I am a little curious to see how the 210 situps with rotation feel tomorrow… that’s a new wrinkle. Getting both palms to the floor on one side of your body really makes you get all the way up and stay tight at the top.

My back is a little tight from the deadlifts yesterday, but not too bad. I’m hoping to feel fresh tomorrow because I’ve programmed a pretty big challenge for myself.

From Dec 21, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment