Friday, May 17, 2013

2013 European Regional Begins!!!

Today is the first day of the 2013 Regionals and it started in Europe, a place near and dear to my heart. I have a lot of close friends competing in both the individual and team competitions this year, and I want to send them all my best wishes and hope they perform to their potential.  From Iceland to Italy, Europe is filled with incredible athletes and a CrossFit culture that grows stronger every year.  I can't wait to see who will represent the Region this year in Carson.

I couldn't help but reminisce, having participated in the 2010 Europe Regional while in school abroad.  Some great and painful memories of that weekend, none more so than the final WOD showdown between myself and Sven.  5 rounds for time of 5 deadlifts and 20 burpees over the bar.  It was a brutal test to finish with that I still haven't forgiven Mads for programming.  I attached the video from that final WOD 3 years ago below.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment