Tuesday, January 8, 2013

10 minute Air Dyne

Workout of the Day

WOD 1 - in the morning...

Pressing Complex 10 x 1

1 rep = 1 strict press, 2 push press, 3 jerk

Bent row 5 x 6

100 meter waiter walks 2 x each arm

WOD 2 - in the evening...

10 minutes max distance on the Air Dyne


After riding my bike Saturday and enjoying all that it entailed, going 10 minutes on a stationary air dyne felt a bit like torture.  But I stuck it out anyways for the good of the program and definitely got something out of it.  Pure muscle endurance in the legs.  I wound up peddling a total of 3.64 miles, not a huge number (I definitely think 4 miles is possible), but not horrible either.

The earlier session was a blast.  Barbell complexes always are fun but I don't seem to program them in as much as I could.  This one definitely was limited by strict pressing strength, an area I've never felt strong.  Today my top set was 185#, which I repeated twice.  The benefit of training the strict press in a complex format like today is that you can go straight into push presses and jerks as if you were in a WOD.  I liked the challenge of doing all reps in rhythm and not having to break or reset.

Tomorrow I'm heading back to Super Training to squat and deadlift at the strongest gym in the west.  God only knows what Bell has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment