Sunday, January 6, 2013

Go Ride A Bike

Workout of the Day

15 mile bike ride




In preparation for the grand opening of CrossFit Anywhere El Dorado Hills, a few members and I undertook the ride from the Folsom location around the lake to the new box in EDH.  It had been awhile since I've gone for a ride so I was excited for the opportunity, even though 15 miles wasn't a long ride by any stretch.

As usual, I forgot how enjoyable something as simple as riding a bike can be.  Traveling the same route I've driven by car numerous times in the past few months, I felt like I was experiencing the scenery for the first time.  Sometimes a mere change in angle or vantage point can unlock a whole world of visual experience previously unseen.  Then there was the discovery of how steep hills are hidden when inside a motorized vehicle... not so much when on your bike.  I found myself hoofing it pretty hard up a couple climbs that I hadn't remembered being so arduous.  By the time we rolled up to the new gym, our legs were pretty much smoked.

Being that this is a rest week in my training cycle, the ride was a great way to flush out the stiffness and get ready for another hard week upcoming.  Not to mention a beautiful way to spend a winter morning. More people than not own a bike, but far too few use them.  Most are collecting dust in the back corner of their garage.  This year one of my hopes is that I get out and ride at least a couple times a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment