Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ballistic Cindy

For tonight's workout, I did a variation of Cindy (20 minute AMRAP of 5 pullup, 10 pushup, 15 squat). The pullup situation at L.K.V. is really bad, as I think I have described in previous posts. The best option is a free standing, combination dip/pullup apparatus. It's kind of like a cage and it rocks all over the place, so any real kipping is impossible, so just bear that in mind. The workout was...
20 minute AMRAP of:
5 x pullup + toe to bar
10 x pushup + glute ham raise
15 x squat jump to 8 foot target (really means just get your ass of the ground, no mini hops)
I was able to complete 12 rounds of this sequence in 2o minutes. I really liked all of the exercises, especially in this combination. The pullup + toe to bar is a natural progression, and I think if I had a bar I could kip on they would have felt much smoother. The pushup + glute ham raise is done from the knees with the feet hooked under a rack or with someone holding your ankles. The idea is to be explosive on the pushups and finish to vertical using the glute ham movement. No bending of the hips at all, ideally. The squat jumps just added the finishing touch. My legs actually felt really good all around.
Afterwards, I was DRIPPING with sweat. I can't explain why, because I didn't think this was overly difficult. Maybe it had something to do with the explosiveness of the movements. I can already feel my hamstrings tightening up a little bit, so tomorrow could be a bit of a gimpy day. Just one more thing to work on...

No comments:

Post a Comment