Friday, November 20, 2009

Walk the Bag

This morning I got up and took my sandbag for a walk. No running, just walking. I alternated shoulders whenever I started to feel my posture starting to crumble. I wound up walking about 2 miles, and, honestly, it wasn't too bad. Almost all of the work was in my core and upper back, and I didn't find it as difficult to expand my lungs as last time. So, at mile 1.5 I decided to detour over to L.K.V. de Spartaan and do some extra strength work.
I alternated between incline presses for sets of 5 and hanging L sit holds for max time. For the pressing, my sets looked like this:
70 kg x 5
80 kg x 5
90 kg x 5
100 kg x 5
110 kg x 3
I took a slightly narrower grip than I normally would and really tried to control the descent. It's been awhile since I last did incline pressing and I was happy with my strength overall.
For the L sits, I can only estimate my times:
:30
:20
:20
:25
:15
On these I really felt that the limiting factor was my quadriceps. After the first 10 seconds each set they would start to cramp. Maybe I'm doing the exercise wrong, or I just need more isometric work. It's possible that the answer is a bit of both.
Heading to the countryside for the next few days with my Dutch friend and his family. Hoping to find some creative physical outlet while there.

No comments:

Post a Comment