Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Deadline Extended

After discussing things with the SteelFit higher ups, it's been decided to allow video submissions until Friday of this week. So any of you who waited too long or are still editing, get 'em to me at morrison.blair@gmail.com in the next 3 days. So far, the bar is very high. Keep it up.

Workout of the Day

Snatch 3, 3, 1, 1, 1

3 rounds for time:

20 burpee pullups

20 front squats (185 lb)

20 box jumps

This was my first day of hard training for a while due to the holidays and all I can say is ouch. The snatches went very well—I made 100 kg and it didn’t feel hard. But the metcon was absolutely miserable. My quads actually starting cramping during the end of the second round. I pulled this WOD from the main site almost a year ago and have been waiting to try it. Honestly, wish I would’ve waited a little longer. My time was 15:50, which isn’t terrible, but I know for a fact I’m going to be sore as hell for the next 3 days. Maybe this is a great omen for 2011 or maybe not. Either way I anticipate a low intensity jog in the morning.

Also, here is a video from last week in Pacific Beach that I forgot to upload. Without sounding like too much of an asshole, people living down there have absolutely no excuse not to be fit. Ridiculous how much opportunity the surroundings and the weather offer.

1 comment: