Saturday, January 22, 2011

Gymnastics Class

Workout of the Day

WOD 1 – in the afternoon…

Front Squat 5, 5, 5, 5

3 x max slow Toes to Bar (5 seconds up/down)

WOD 2 – in the evening…

Gymnastics class

Front Squats felt great today. No core issues whatsoever after the long day yesterday and my legs were relatively fresh. I managed 287 lb for 4 the last set which is a personal best so I’m psyched about that. Just gotta keep making progress.

The bigger deal today was the gymnastics class over at West Sacramento International Gymnastic Centre. I got the invite from the CF West Sac crew earlier in the week and wound up bouncing around the facility with just about everyone I know in the greater Sacramento CrossFit community. We were doing tumbling, high bars, rings, vault, pommel horse… you name it. Our instructor was running around asking us to do ridiculous things waaay out of our price range with little to no regard for safety or risk. Obviously we loved it. We were flipping into foam pits, doing cartwheels and round offs into crash pads, and being shown up by 6 year olds on the rings. 1 hour in this place made me realize how grossly uncoordinated CrossFitters are. Compared to even amateur gymnasts we are pathetically unbalanced, inflexible, and weak. Luckily this guy Jimmy seemed willing to trade some expertise for a few workouts at CFWS. I think a few one on one sessions may be a little more of what I need. Either way it was a blast and I can’t wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment